Teaching Resources for Church of Christ

The church of Christ has existed in all ages under that name.  When not threatened, churches have held the core beliefs that [1] The Church as the body of Christ bore that name under various forms in the New Testament. [2] The church has always believed, as the Bible makes clear, that baptism is FOR the purpose of asking God to forgive sins to give A new holy personal spirit. [3] That the church as ekklesia, synagogue or school of the Bible has no place for the role of entertainment music.  [4] Churches have held to the historic view of the "trinity" but not to the view that God consists of three persons or individuals. God is three personae but never persons. [4] That the Bible is the only teaching resource and by which faith and practice is determined. [5] The Old Testament from Mount Sinai to Jesus Christ defines a national system under the dictatorship of a king, priests and temple which is not a patternism for the New Testament Church. [6] The death of Christ was to free us from the laden burden and burden laders. This specificially outlaws turning the assembly into an intensive WORKS of loud musical rituals.

Click for a Topical Index of the Bible and History

See notes on Isaiah 8 to show the most common contrast in the Bible: that between those who teach the written Word as it is written or has been taught AND the rhetoricians, singers and instrument players whose job is to "make the lambs dumb before the slaughter."  The Levitical musicians did that as prophesied ot Jesus Christ.

That is why the use of music and especially instruments bypasses the rational or spiritual brain and is therefore, called WITCHCRAFT and defined as HERESY.

Study for the Week--or Day--as need arises.

NEW 12.11.09

Musical idolatry was the cause of the fall from grace at Mount Sinai.
 This is taken up by many of the psalms and prophets which define CHRIST'S side of the story.  God turned them over to worship the starry host and gave them the Law of Moses which was to legislate for the lawless and protect the weak from the Civil-Military-Clergy complex God warned would be destructive parasites and Christ in the prophets affirms.

At the same time the Qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness was ordained to become an academy of the Word (in Latin) and its purpose was to read and learn any commands from God. These would regulate both their civil and religious life. Those not of the cursed tribe of Levi were quarantined from the sacrificial where they in fact profaned the Sabbath (including loud noise not called music) because God had ABANDONED them with the promise that He would not save them from the captivity and death sentence imposed because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai.

I suspect that the problem of refusing to be a School of the Words of Christ and using the "worship" word is because we cannot grasp the infinite span between God's message to us and our own vain imagination.  If you think in terms of pleasing humans and apply that to God Christ in the Prophets should show the difference: there was NO MAN who could intercede so God sent His HAND or ARM or WORD.

Paul is reminding us of the first FALL FROM grace at Mount Sinai by rejecting the Words of God which led to musical idolatry and caused them to be blind and unable to READ the Word of God, Paul said:

Heb. 12:18 For ye are not come unto the mount that might be touched,
        and that burned with fire, nor unto blackness, and darkness, and tempest,
Heb. 12:19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voice of words;
        which voice they that heard intreated that the word should not be spoken to them any more:
Heb. 12:22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God,
        the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,
Heb. 12:23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn [Church of Christ],
        which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all,
        and to the spirits of just men made perfect

Heb. 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,
         and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.
The Church of Christ is the only apparent group on earth which does not repudiate that but confesses it to its great but promised persecution.
Heb. 10:22 Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith,
    having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience,
    and our bodies washed with pure water.
Probably the massed multitude believes that ekklesia is to REFUSE to listen to Christ in His Word "as written" and that itself IS entertaining to those who are not Disciples of what Jesus taught.

Heb. 12:25 See that ye refuse not him that speaketh.
        For if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth,
        much more shall not we escape, if we turn away from him that speaketh from heaven

Whose voice then SHOOK the earth: but now he hath promised, saying,
        Yet ONCE MORE
I shake not the earth only, but also heaven. Heb 12:26 

And this word, Yet once more, signifieth the REMOVING of those things that are shaken, 
        as of things that are made
        that those things which cannot be shaken
[a trumpet-like word] may remain. Heb 12:27 

Wherefore we RECEIVING a KINGDOM which cannot be moved, let us have GRACE

WHEREBY, we may SERVE God acceptably with REVERENCE and godly fear: Heb 12:28

For our God is a consuming fire. Heb 12:29

SERVICE is: 3000.   latreuo, lat-ryoo´-o; from latris (a hired menial); to minister (to God), i.e. render religious homage:  serve, do the service, worship(-per).

G2124 eulabeia yoo-lab'-i-ah From G2126 ; properly caution, that is, (religiously) reverence (piety); by implication dread (concretely): fear (-ed

G2126 eulabïs yoo-lab-ace' From G2095 and G2983 ; taking well (carefully), that is, circumspect (religiously, pious):-- devout.Reverentia , ae, f. [revereor]  I. timidity arising from high respect or (more rarely) from fear, respect, regard, fear, awe, reverence, the deference or veneration due to you, your dignity,
Sophrosune soundmind, prudence, discretion, temperance, opposite MANIA   inspiration frenzy , erotic, Mousôn katokôchê
The Muses in Revelation 18 are identified as sorcerers along with the instrument players.  All pagans believed that the "feelings" induced by music were proof that the gods (demons) were inside of their body.  History and modern medicine knows that the feelings induced by music PREVENT hearing the Word with the rational or spiritual hemisphere.  Then and now people made a huge living off witchcraft or sorcery:
Phaedrus [245a] ills is found. And a third kind of possession and madness comes from the Muses. This takes hold upon a gentle and pure soul, arouses it and inspires it to songs and other poetry, and thus by adorning countless deeds of the ancients educates later generations.
         But he who without the divine madness comes to the doors of the Muses, confident that he will be a good poet by art, meets with no success, and the poetry of the sane man vanishes into nothingness before that of the inspired madmen.

Plato Ion
[536c] and you have plenty to say: for it is not by art or knowledge about Homer that you say what you say, but by divine dispensation and possession; just as the Corybantian worshippers are keenly sensible of that strain alone which belongs to the god whose possession is on them, and have plenty of gestures and phrases for that tune, but do not heed any other. And so you, Ion, when the subject of Homer is mentioned, have plenty to say, but nothing on any of the others.  
Aidôs A reverence, awe, respect for the feeling or opinion of others or for one's own conscience, and so shame, self-respect, tears of grief and shame, sobriety, moderation, 2. regard for others, respect, reverencerespect for them, regard for the helpless, compassion,

[216] Aphrodite [Zoe] of Cyprus brought the maddening bird to men for the first time, and she taught the son of Aeson skill in prayerful incantations, so that he could rob Medea of reverence for her parents, and a longing for Greece would lash her, her mind on fire, with the whip of Persuasion...

And from Apollo the lyre-player came, the father of songs, much-praised Orpheus. [178] And Hermes of the golden wand sent two sons to take part in the unabating toil, Echion and Erytus, bursting with youth

But immortal Zeus freed the Titans; and in time, when the wind ceases, there are changes [293]  of sails. But he prays that at some time, when he has drained to the dregs his cup of ruinous affliction, he will see his home, and, joining the symposium near the spring of Apollo [Abaddon, Apollyon], [295] yield his spirit often to the joys of youth, and attain peace, holding the well-made lyre among his skillful fellow citizens, bringing no pain to anyone, and himself unharmed by his townsmen. Then he would tell you, Arcesilas, what a fountain of immortal song he found, when he was recently entertained by his host at Thebes.
1Pet. 4:7 But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.
1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil,
        as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: [drink down in tithes and offerings]
1Pet. 5:9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, 
        knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

Dogs, wolves or Lions are code words for the CYNICS who were Catamites who prowled around and could be identified by their old style singing.

Sôphrôn  A. of sound mind, II. in Att., esp. having control over the sensual desires, temperate, self-controlled, chaste,

Saleuo (g4531) sal-yoo'-o; from 4535; to waver, i.e. agitate, rock, topple or (by impl.) destroy; fig. to disturb, incite: - move, shake (together), which can [-not] be shaken, stir them up,  to be tempest-tossed, be in sore distress

And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring; Lu.21:25
This is the same message of the harps in Revelation 14 which are NOT played: all of the SOUNDS are those which create panic and signal some event. The second angel to those STILL LIVING demanded that we "preach the gospel because time for judgment" is soon.



What is a Church of Christ (ekklesia, synagogue)?

Most Bible scholars will have missed some important "forks" in the road. For instance, it was because of musical idolatry of the Egyptian trinity that God "turned Isreal nationally over to worship the starry host."  If you don't know the difference between the Royal Road of the synagogue and the Star Dust dead end of the monarchy and the sacrificial system you may wind up a victim of music which was "to make the lambs dumb before the slaughter." It certainly works, doesn't it?

Christ as the ROCK ordained the Qahal, synagogue or Church of Christ in the wilderness: the people on the Royal Road were quarantined from the Star Dust trail where they often sacrificed children to the Astrial gods.  In order to empower that school (only) of the Word (only) Jesus as the Living Word had to be "made dumb before the slaughter" to utterly shatter sacrificing animals as blood- and flesh-lust after the literal agents of the gods first looked for human scapegoats and then animals.

The meaning of the cross is to "cool our own passion and pride" by grasping that the blood lust finally terminated in the Jews sacrificing the Messiah whom they could not deny.  The meaning of to crucify Christ to ourselves is to make "church" into a theater designed to stir up that passion: the laded burden and the self-pleasure is therefore outlawed before you can conduct synagogue or A School of Christ in the words of the Campbells.

No one doubts that the Temple under the Monarchy was devoted to both STAR and SERPENT worship. That is not strange if you read Acts 7 and a host of other proofs that God ABANDONED them and sentenced them to return back to Babylon for captivity and death.  They are enemies of the cross who use the burnt offering with the Levitical Warrior's noise as authority to put one back under church as an arousal affair.  Christ in the prophets tells the Royal Road way: that God did not command burnt offerings when He saved them from Egypt by grace.

This religion is well documented as the Egyptian system.
          Part Two

This musical idolatry continued at Mount Sinai and God removed The Book of The Covenant of Grace.

The Spiritual Thread is inspired by the Spirit of Christ  
Christ shows the results of this abandonment by God to a CIVIL-military-priestly cult.

If God abandoned the tribe of Levi--cursed by their father--to carry out the national worship identical to that of Egypt, Canaan or Babylonia, and preachers use that as a patternism to say that "God commanded instrumental praise and we must be disobedient" then the strong delusion identified by lying wonders (the musical / theatrical) destines that group to the same curse of the Law.

The Qahal or synagogue continued parallel to the "worship of the starry host" quarantined behind city walls.  These members attended a weekly assembly even in the wilderness while the Civil-Military-Priestly class kept up their curse. The Holy Convocation was inclusive and exclusive for any assembly of the general population which was never except for education.

The synagogue was INCLUSIVE of Rest (from religion), Reading and Rehearsing the Word. Students attend Bible class and not a worship center.

The synagogue was EXCLUSIVE of vocal or instrumental rejoicing.

James explains why the Gentiles were perfectly prepared to become Christians by reminding them of a few standards.

Jesus practiced that, Paul practiced and commanded that, Paul commanded Timothy that and no one changed that for almost 400 years.

The public Reading of the Word after the Return from Babylon is an example of how this holy convocation was to be held.
Acts 15:21 For Moses
        of old time hath
        in every city them
        that preach him,
        being read in the synagogues every sabbath day.
The ekklesia of Christ or the synagogue in Paul's writings never changed other than to add the Lord's Supper.
Mt 28:17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted.
Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 
G1849 exousia ex-oo-see'-ah From G1832 (in the sense of ability); privilege, that is, (subjectively) force, capacity, competency, freedom, or (objectively) mastery (concretely magistrate, superhuman, potentate, token of control), delegated influence:authority, jurisdiction, liberty, power, right, strength.
Mt 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach [Disciple] all nations,
them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. Mt 28:20

In John 14 Jesus denies that Father-Son will dwell in those who do not keep His commandments. He also denies that one who does not keep His commandments can dwell IN Father-Son.
Why would a person OF FAITH or OF TRUTH who understands that a Christian is a disciple of Christ, deny that Christ even in prophecy did not prohibit the imagination of the human heart "which is only evil continually" from just fabricating songs and sermons and label them as "what Jesus commanded?"

If you think that you have the authority to sing "that which Twila wrote" using a style of music which destroys the learning process, you should note that the second major use of the PSALLO word identifies the polluted rope used to MARK those in Athens who refused to leave the singing and playing atmosphere and go up to the ekklesia.  They would be MARKED with the psallo mark which is dedicated to making war and making love, fined and not allowed to speak. In many ways based on the meaning of words, prophecy and the prevailing religion of the Scribes and Pharisees you would grasp that Jesus radically denied any "music" teaching.

To say that Jesus "did not say 'thou shalt not teach what Popular Theologian commanded' is to deny that one is a disciple of Christ.

The Marketplace or Agora where Christ consigned the pipers, singers and instrument players.

THE ASSEMBLY OF THE EKKLESIA-SYNAGOGUE IS DEFINED OVER AND OVER: no one can say that we can just fabricate our own songs and "feel good" philosophical resource.

In Romans 14 Paul outlawed "doubtful disputations" which would not permit any personal opinion to be imposed and upset the sole natu
re of the church as a school of the Bible or a school of Christ.  The diet issue would show up as people gathered in the Agora or marketplace which was a shopping center for all kinds of teachings, singers, players, dancers, sellers of radishes or even sellers of human bodies.  Jesus consigned the Pipers, singers (lamenters) and dancers to the marketplace and His language clearly marks both the Dionysiacs and Orphics in respect to their musical worship.
Rom. 15:1 We then that are strong ought to bear the infirmities of the weak,
        and not to please ourselves.
Rom. 15:2 Let every one of us please his neighbour for his good to edification. [Education]
Rom. 15:3 For even Christ pleased not himself;  
         but, as it is written,

        The reproaches of them that reproached thee fell on me.
With the specific command to make disciples of what HE commanded, and including Christ's teachings in the prophets, then Paul's curriculum of "that which is written" being written "for disciples" would seem to deny songs and sermons not "of that which is written."  While it might PLEASE yourself--and that being excluded--it would not "teach you that which has been taught" which is further defined as the sole resource of the elders.  In fact, the self-pleasure word in pagan religion was specificially singing, playing, acting or any other activity which creates "mental excitement" which is the "spiritual anxiety created by religious rituals" of the laded burden Jesus died to REMOVE.
Rom. 15:4 For
        whatsoever things were  written aforetime
         were written for our learning,
        that we through patience and comfort of the scriptures might have hope.

Rom. 15:5 Now the God of patience and consolation
        grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus:
Rom. 15:6 That ye may with one mind and one mouth glorify God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Rom. 15:7 Wherefore receive ye one another, as Christ also received us to the glory of God.


2Pet. 1:16  For we have not followed cunningly [sophizo]  devised fables,
                    Fables are myths from MUO [to shut the mouth: music forces the lambs to be silent before the slaughter]
Sophis-tês , ou, ho, master of one's craft, adept, expert, of diviners,   of poets, meletan sophistais prosbalon Pi.I.5(4).28 , cf. Cratin.2; of musicians, sophistês . . parapaiôn chelun A.Fr.314 , cf. Eup.447, Pl.Com. 140; sophistêi Thrêiki (sc. Thamyris) E.Rh.924, cf. Ath.14.632c: with mod

A.sorcerer, wizard, a juggler, cheat , Apistos unbeliever, Magos, 

"the condition is that of Ecstasy, the utterances are words or sounds of prayer or praise but are not clear in meaning, and give the impression to the hearer of being MYSTERIES or insane expressions."... This phenomenon seems to include sighs, groanings, shoutings, cries, and utterances either of disconnected words (such as Abba, hosanna, hallelujah, maranatha) or connected speech of a jubilating sort which impresses the observer as ecstatic prayer or psalmodic praise." (Schaff-Herzog, Speaking in Tongues, p. 36)
         when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ,
         but were eyewitnesses of his majesty.

Jesus called the Scribes and Pharisees hypocrites by naming speakers (sophists), singers and instrument players.

2Pet. 1:17 For he received from God the Father honour and glory,
        when there came such a voice to him from the excellent glory,
        This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.
2Pet. 1:18 And this voice which came from heaven we heard,
        when we were with him in the holy mount.

PETER DEFINES THE SYNAGOGUE INCLUSIVELY AND EXCLUSIVELY.  The ekklesia or synagogue of Christ is defined clearly in the prophets: the prophets repudiate all of the "proof text" from the sacrificial system. Now that Jesus Christ has CERTIFIED the prophecies, Peter INCLUSIVELY defines that as our only teaching resource.

2Pet. 1:19 We have also a more sure word of prophecy;
        whereunto ye do well that ye take heed,  [the only worship word]
        as unto a light that shineth in a dark place,
        until the day dawn,
        and the day star arise in your hearts:
When each writer supplied his PART, that which is perfect is that which is written by prophets or apostles.

1Cor. 13:12 For now we see through a glass, darkly;
        but then face to face: now I know in part;
        but then shall I know even as also I am known.

Paul told the Roman Jews that they had been blinded at Mount Sinai: they would not be able to read black text on brown paper until they converted or were baptized into Christ.

2Cor. 3:18 But we all, with open face
        beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord,
        are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
        even as by the Spirit of the Lord.

That is because:

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing:
        the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

2Pet. 1:20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the SCRIPTURE is of any private interpretation.
2Pet. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:
        but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
1Pet. 1:11 Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signify,
        when it testified beforehand the sufferings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.
Rev. 19:10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant,
        and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus:
        worship God: for the TESTIMONY of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

2Pet. 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people,
        even as there shall be false teachers among you,
        who privily shall bring in damnable heresies,
        even denying the Lord that bought them,
        and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2Pet. 2:2 And many shall follow their pernicious ways;
        by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
2Pet. 2:3 And through covetousness shall they
        with feigned words make merchandise of you:
        whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not,
        and their damnation slumbereth not.
2Pet. 2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned,
        but cast them down to hell,
        and delivered them into chains of darkness,
        to be reserved unto judgment;


11.25.09 The meaning of the CROSS is not to appease an angry God but to COOL OFF the religious passions of people.  Christ says that God did not command burnt offerings or sacrifices. Since the patternism for lying to steal the church house of widows and honest working people--who owe them nothing--is the burning of the goats with the Levitical warrior musicians whose prophesying is called sorcery, the demeaning of those NOT bowing to Baal when the pipers pipe, is the meaning of RECRUCIFYING Christ by restoring the blood and flesh lust of the sacrificial system which was "the worship of the starry hosts."

When the Jews grasped that IT HAS LITERALLY HAPPENED: we have made a human sacrifice of our promised Messiah the were pricked in their hearts which means STUNNED into silence for many. This broke the back of the last animal sacrifices which had mostly ceased when Israel returned from Babylon.

G4717 stauroō stow-ro'-o From G4716 ; to impale on the cross;   
        figuratively to extinguish (subdue) passion or selfishness:—crucify. Destroy its power.

Baptism obeys the FORM or "pattern capable of being imated" and only then are we FREE from sin.  That gives us the power to obey the Word of Christ (Spirit) rather than seek our own "lust of the eyes and ears" in religious ceremonial.

Ab-luo abluere sibi umbras, to remove darkness (by bringing a light),
        Of the washing away of earth by a shower, Verg. A.2.719 wash away the blood
        In eccl. Lat., of baptism: munere divinitatis abluti, L
II. Trop., of calming the passions: omnis ejusmodi perturbatio animi placatione abluatur, be removed (fig. derived from the religious rite of washing in expiation of sin), the plot of a tragedy, opp. luein,  S.OT407

Luo  e. unravel the plot of a tragedy, opp. plekein, Id.Po.1456a10.
b. of men, release, deliver, esp. from bonds or prison, and so, generally, from difficulty or danger, Od 12.53

The Church of Christ even in the Wilderness STOPPED the vocal or instrumental rejoicing and commanded REST so they could READ and REHEARSE the Word of God. That defined the synagogue and it WORD CENTERED ROLE never ceased.

There can be no doubt that most sermons and all songs REFUSE to obey the Direct Commands, ALL of the examples and necessary inferences IF YOU KNOW the meaning of ekklesia or synagogue which is NOT a worship center.

   Heb 6:4 For it is impossible for those
               who were once enlightened,
               and have tasted of the heavenly gift,
               and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
     Heb 6:5 And have tasted the good WORD of God,
               and the powers of the world to come,

    Heb 6:6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance;
             seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh,
             and put him to an open shame.

  The wine and musical religious festivals in Amos 5f and Isaiah 5 define this STARVING TO DEATH.


If Jesus restored the new REST and you disturb that REST with LABOR then you crucify Christ all over.

Recrucify: G388 anastauroō an-as-tow-ro'-o From G303 and G4717 ; to recrucify (figuratively):--crucify afresh.
                        To Themselves.

You do this when you: LIGHT UP (unleash) passion or selfishness:—crucify. Restoring its power.  Arousing the passions

You see, you CAN all speak the same things IF you speak that which is written.


John Mark Hicks: is the Trinity a necessary fact of Alexander Campbell's system

One researcher has found that most church division (sectarianism) is created by those who impose forms of music into the church. While no one will ever wean most churches from singing, it is a historical fact that singing as an ACT or liturgy was not added until about the year 373.  The second reason for discord was using human compositions to replace the Biblical Text for teaching. All of the church "fathers" and founders of denominations repudiate music as proof that one has no interest in quietly listening to God speak through His Word.  Not even the Catholic church conducted worship with "congregational singing and organ accompaniment."

Those who attempt to impose "styles" of singing with or without instruments rest their case on the Jewish Monarchy.  God had virtually abandoned them nationally because of musical idolatry at Mount Sinai (Acts 7). When they demanded to live under a national (Gentile) system God understood that they wanted to worship like the Gentiles.  Therefore, God gave them kings in His anger and took them awway in His anger as He abandoned them to Assyrian and Babylonian captivity.

All of the proof texts used all defenders of "SET A PASTOR OVER US"use the Kings and Sacrificial system as their authority for deliberately sowing discord to add the sacrificial "exorcism" noise (never calleld music).  Therefore, they use the PATTERNISM of God's abandonment as the legalistic patternism for the modern church. Because the church is an ekklesia, synagogue or school of the Bible, this is proof that people have left the Word of God.

So, was the sacrificial system a good thing to impose on the nation? False preachers say it gives them authority to make you into servants or slaves. If God contradicts them then you need to cast out the moneychangers.

They ALL claim that the Holy Spirit PERSON gave them authority, but the Spirit OF Christ refutes them.

Neh 9:20 Thou gavest also THY good spirit to instruct them, and withheldest not thy manna from their mouth, and gavest them water for their thirst.
But Jeshurun [Israelites] waxed fat, and kicked: thou art waxen fat, thou art grown thick, thou art covered with fatness; then he forsook God (Elowahh singular) which made him,
         and lightly esteemed the Rock of his salvation. De.32:15

This ROCK was Christ and the gift of the "spirit" was the spiritual food and water.

And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea; 1 Cor 10: 2
And did all eat the same spiritual meat; 1 Cor 10:3

And did all drink the same spiritual drink: for they drank of that spiritual Rock that followed them:
        and that Rock was Christ. 1 Cor 10:4

The GOOD SPIRIT was the Same Spirit OF Christ.  Making the Spirit OF God into another "person" better qualified for cleaning up the earth is to despise the One Supreme God of the universe.

> "For this reason, the Holy Spirit has frequently been personified in Scripture, identifying it with God, and so it is personified as he.   "However, if the Holy Spirit were actually a person it should be rendered as he in every place where the word is referred to; but it is not.

It is sometimes rendered in the neuter. In Romans 8:16, Paul writes: "The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit." The neuter, itself is used, and this is in accord with the Greek text, as any Greek scholar will acknowledge.

"To personify inanimate objects is normal in Scripture. Wisdom is represented as a woman (Proverbs 9:1), mammon is described as a friend (Luke 16:9), sin is personified as a slave-owner (Romans 6:16), the Holy Spirit as a comforter (John 14:26), expressing the spirit of Truth. So Micah declared: "I am full of power by the spirit of the Lord" (Micah 3:8). The prophets were moved by the spirit to record the Scriptures (Nehemiah 9:20; 2 Peter 1:21), and God used the same means to speak to Israel through His Son (Hebrews 1: 1). 

> "Personification.-- This is a figure of speech by which inanimate beings are spoken of as animated, or endowed with life and volition; animals are endowed with feelings akin to those of men.

"This is well suited to an imaginary condition of mind, and therefore frequently employed in Hebrew Scriptures. Indeed, it is now a staple in the market of communication, and we use it so commonly ourselves that whe have almost ceasted to speak of it as a figure of speech." (Prof. D. R. Dungan, Hermeneutics, p. 324, Gospel Light Publishing)
> "For God is rational, and Reason was first in Him; and so all things were from Himself... because also Word itself consists of Reason, which it thus proves to have been the prior existence as being its own substance.... He became also the Son of God, and was begotten when He proceeded forth from Him (Tertullian from chs. 5,7).
Persona. (Plural: personae.) Latin word translated as "person." Tertullian used this word in his trinitarian formula, "una substantia et tres personae" ("three persons in one substance").
Early Latin usage did not restrict the word to its modern meaning of a self-conscious being. At that time, it could mean a mask worn by an actor, a role in a drama, or a legal party to a contract.
"Again--Some will say, What does the expression Holy Spirit mean? Well, in scripture it stands first for God the Holy Spirit, and secondly for the holy mind or spirit of a believer--for illustration, take Peter's words to Ananias, "Why has Satan tempted you to lie to the Holy Spirit; you have not lied to men, but to God," (the Holy Spirit.) And the Saviour says, How much more will your heavenly Father give a holy spirit (as it should be translated) to those that ask him. Again--Praying in a holy spirit. Again--Paul says he approved himself God's servant "by knowledge, by long sufferings, by kindness, by a holy spirit'" by a mind innocent of the love of gain, or commerce, or sensuality. Walter Scott Early Restoration Movement leader.
Yet many years didst thou forbear them, and testifiedst against them by THY spirit in thy prophets: yet would they not give ear: therefore gavest thou them into the hand of the people of the lands. Neh 9:30

The SPIRIT in the Prophets was the Same Christ who spoke ONLY through the prophets and later apostles: modern preachers and elders are neither.  All of the prophets directly contradict their claim that the "spirit person" lives literally inside of the body and gives them permission to twist the Scriptures.  Notice some of the proofs that John who wrote about "another" Comforter said that His name was Jesus Christ the Righteous who lives in the mind or spirit BY FAITH and not literally.
> But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart. 2 Cor 3:15
Nevertheless, when it shall turn [baptized] to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away. 2 Cor 3:16
Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. 2 Cor 3:17
        But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory OF the Lord,
        are changed into the same image from glory to glory,
        even as by the Spirit OF the Lord. 2 Cor 3:18

> Searching what, or what manner of time the Spirit OF Christ which was in them [prophets] did signify, when IT testified beforehand the sufferings OF Christ, and the glory that should follow. 1 Peter 1: 11

       Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves,
        but unto us they did minister the things,
        which are now reported unto you by them

that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Spirit sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into. 1 Peter 1: 12

The Spirit is ministered by preaching: Spirit is received by hearing.

> Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation 2 Pet 1:20
        For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man:
        but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Spirit 2 Pet 1:21

> And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus IS the spirit of prophecy. Rev 19:10

Blaspheming the Spirit OF Christ, here is what they INTEND to do TO you!

Neither have our kings, our princes, our priests, nor our fathers, kept thy law,
        nor hearkened unto thy commandments and thy testimonies,
        wherewith thou didst testify against them. Neh 9:34

For they have not served thee in their kingdom,
and in thy great goodness that thou gavest them,
        and in the large and fat land which thou gavest before them,
        neither turned they from their wicked works
. Neh 9:35

Behold, we are servants this day,
        and for the land that thou gavest unto our fathers to eat the fruit thereof
        and the good thereof, behold, we are servants in it: Neh 9:36

And it yieldeth much increase unto the kings
        whom thou hast set over us because of our sins:

        also they have dominion over our bodies, and over our cattle,
        at their pleasure, and we are in great distress. Neh 9:37

When the elders fire God and demand "set a king over us" (senior preacher) everyone knows that the kings will take your lands, your tithes, your sons and daughters to give to their beloveds who head up "ministeries" over various fractions of the "nation." In this, the elders LOST their authority and became slaves to the senior minister.

Why would they fool you as the LEGALISTIC PATTERNISM of bondage? In the words of a famous president: "Because I could."

There was no MUSIC in the national worship until AFTER the Kings took control. The Levitical Warrior Musicians served the kings and not God.  This was always a loud MARK that people had been abandoned by God.

Ken Sublett 
.....        .......E-Mail Comments or Suggestions ------
.....        .......Home Page -----
.....        .......Kenneth Sublett 
.....        .......counter 10.17.07 2300 Plus 3269 11.23.09 10000